Move Your Body – Get Fit
Post may contain affiliate links – info. SugarsBeach makes a teeny, weeny commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase.
Summer Body 365 – STEP THREE
Move your body for 5 minutes a day.
Move your body, get fit. I know. I know! You’re busy. Waaaay too busy to exercise. Or maybe you just plain dislike exercising.
But here’s the thing: Eating healthier only takes you so far. If you want to feel good, be limber and strong, get some weight off, (in other words, have a Summer Body 365) then you need to move your body… even just a little bit!
If you stick with me, I think I have a compromise that you can live with…and make time for!
But first, let’s do a quick memory booster on why it’s so important to get fit by moving your body with even a small amount of exercise.
5 reasons why your body… and mind, will love you for exercising
- Exercise helps control weight and keep you toned.
- Exercise is a disease fighter for things like strokes, type 2 diabetes, some cancers, arthritis… even depression.
- Exercise is a big energy booster. I definitely notice the difference in my energy levels if I slack off exercising.
- Exercise helps you sleep better. Just don’t exercise too close to bedtime as it’ll have the opposite effect.
- Exercise relieves stress and gives you a mood lift. Who doesn’t need that?!
A super fun and easy way to get fit in MINUTES a day, is with a rebounder.
It’s especially perfect if you’re struggling to get motivated to even start exercising.
I got my rebounder to help with osteoporosis, and found myself jumping on it thru-out the day because #1, it’s fun, but #2 it really helps with stress.
I didn’t go out and get an expensive one. They can be $600+. I recommend you do like I did with a moderate priced model, and if you wear it out then maybe replace with a fancier one.
No matter which rebounder you get, make sure it has the handle. I always hold onto mine.
But Darlene, (you say) “I really am too busy” or “I hate exercise”
OK, I get it. If you aren’t exercising regularly then so far you haven’t seen enough value in it. Right? Because we always manage to find a way to do what we really want to do.
No problem. There IS a way around your reluctance… a compromise, so to speak.
I suggest you start slow. Don’t make a big deal of it.
You know me, I’m all about setting yourself up for success so you’ll continue your journey of loving and taking care of your body. Let’s keep it short and sweet.
The compromise anyone can do! Try this:
1) Commit to 5 minutes a day. FIVE minutes. That’s it. Even 5 teeny weeny minutes will help you feel better.
2) Attach the 5 minutes to something you already do every morning… like brushing your teeth or getting out of bed. That way you can’t forget.
3) Move! Yep, that’s right. Stretch, jog in place, do jumping jacks… hop on that rebounder (and feel like a kid again!) Change it up and simply move that gorgeous body of yours for 5 minutes.
4) Track your triumphs. Keep a log of every day you do your 5 minutes. Very important! This one act not only keeps me motivated to stick with it, but I notice that I tend to do more. Before you know it, you’ll do 6-7 minutes. Then ten. And off you go!
I SO believe in tracking whatever activity is important, that I made you a copy of the Habit Tracker I created for myself.
Are you with me? Are you willing to commit to only 5 minutes per day to start getting fit?
On your way to a Summer Body 365!
Never miss SugarsBeach’s goodness!